In early summer 2011, we published a group of four poems by Liam Day, each inspired by a bus route in Boston. Since then, Liam has worked to produce a group of thirty poems, encapsulating the city’s history, then expanding beyond it, as the speaker moves within and without Boston’s city limits.
We’re incredibly excited to announce that Liam’s book is now available to preorder, and the array of presale incentives include:
- a spread of AP poetry titles,
- a bus ride with Liam,
- Red Sox v. Yankees poems written just for you,
- a donation in your name to 826Boston,
- a one-on-one basketball game with the author (a former pro baller in Northern Ireland),
- and, for the flush and opulent-minded, a gala at the Boston Public Library wherein Liam will be named Honorary Poet Laureate of the MBTA, and will present a new poem dedicated to the donor. (Because who among us wouldn’t love to spend $5,000 in the name of literature?)
The presale will last through December 17, so get in now, and spread the word!